Hello, and thank you for visiting! I am currently on an extended blogging break. We have shared some wondrous times and I thank you for that. I look forward to connecting with you when I return. In the meantime... keep creating your mandalas! The process is an amazing Portal to the Soul. If you are new to the process...you can get started right now by clicking here as well as other links below. Wishing you fulfillment and joy on your journey.

~ ~ ~

June 22, 2008

Intertwined Mandorlas


colorful... connecting mandorlas
.
I've been drawn to make this shape for over a year now.
I made this mandala in Nov. 2007 and I've
learned this shape is a mandorla.
It has been manifesting
as eyes in my mandala work.
Talk about mandalas being a mirror of the soul...
this one reveals how important meaningful
connections are to me.
Connections...
with my Self...
my family...
and my family of friends.
It reminds me of onion skin layers
so closely connected...
and revealing more of itself
with every peeling-back of the layers.
Just like us.
Each experience...
each thought...
each reaction...
each response...
...or lack thereof
reveals more of what's at core...
revealing more of "us"...
and more about "us"...
to "us"...
layer... by layer.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it, Cheryl! Isn't it just amazing how much they reveal? I see mandalas and mandorlas everywhere now, in everything.

PJ said...

Your Mandorlas are intriquing! Reminds me of the symbols of a circle...zen, pagan, Christian, Native Amer.,magic circles in math, etc. I'm thinking also about labyrinths! ..crochet in the round. Ok, you got me going ;)